Methi Thepla is one of the most favourite and tasty flatbread item of every Gujarati folks. Methi (Fenugreek) is a vitamin rich leafy vegetable. If kids resist eating Methi sabzi then this can be chosen as an alternative option. Methi Theplas are the best snack item while travelling, its easy to pack and can be eaten as a roll on the go.
Serves: 4 Adults
- 1 cup chopped fenugreek leaves
- 1 cup wheat flour
- 0.5 cup besan
- chopped coriander
- 0.5 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 0.5 tsp asafoetida
- 4-5 green chilli paste
- Garlic paste
- 1 tsp carom seeds
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp fresh curd
- Take a bowl and mix all the ingredients given above and make a soft dough. Keep the dough aside for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes break this large dough into smaller portions and roll it on a rolling board with rolling pin.
- Now take these Theplas (rolled dough) and roast it on hot pan on medium flame. while roasting add 0.5 tsp ghee/oil.
- Serve these Theplas with fresh curd or Pickle.
Note: Kasuri Methi can also be used in place of fresh fenugreek leaves.